Islington council and ombudsman robbery

Loveandtruth

Jul 9, 2012
Ive had nearly a year now of being forced to work by islington council, supported by their ombudsman, for next to nothing.

The system and corruption I have encountered exists with islington parking as their ombudsmen protects their behaviour.*

After a broken meter I rang the number on the meter. The lady was rude, and incredulously didn't tell me there was a credit card number to call. The next twenty emails explaining this were rejected by various staff at the council. I had explained that I wasn't working for free, and that as they had taken my money - by billing the car owner after specifically asking for them to deal with me directly - they would have to pay me my normal rates to spend my own time working my way through their rejections and lies until they finally admitted it was their fault - which after nine months they finally did! They offered me about 3 pounds an hour in compensation. Sorry, i can't pay for your 'set up to fail' system - especially when your ombudsmen supports the council and suggests that they were reasonable! And have done nothing to address this obvious rip off.*

No wonder they get away with this. What a scam.

If islington council rips you off - don't pay - cancel cards they might have access to, and tell them to take you to court.

The ombudsman didn't want me to tell this story, threatening me. Again, no wonder islington council can get away with setting up, stealing from, and wasting months of their customers time.

Take me to court then ombudsman! Let's have it out and open! You are supporting a system set up to rip off consumers and it's a disgrace.

Would love it of anyone can share any good contacts or support groups or journalists who would like the details of this serious government funded and funding scam. It shouldn't be allowed, yet they make the complaints system so slow and unjust, that it's clearly easier to pay the fine, even if they admit in the end it's completely their fault. Why should we be forced to work for next to nothing to get justice..?? I told them in an early email (after they doubled my unfair fine) what my rates were, yet they are supported to pay us practically nothing even after they steal from us, lie, reject obvious claims, are incredibly slow to respond.. Why..?? Because their ombudsmen do nothing about it! Nice system easy revenue hey..? Lots of unfair fines that are just not worth contesting - even when their system doesn't work. Beautiful! Easy money!

Please send links /emails for any journalists/ press / consumer support groups who can help me with this - this is the public being set up to be ripped off and these protected scams must be stopped.

Thanks a lot!!*