Anyone ever bought a TV (or electrical good) from the EU?

systematic

Jul 18, 2012
Hello guys,

I have purchased a television set from Germany for about £900 less than what it is on offer for in the UK.

I believe the TV comes with a 2 year out of the box warranty that will be honoured by Panasonic UK and IRL.

My question is regarding the shipping and arrival of this product. specifically regarding damaged and/or non-working goods on delivery.

The company responsible for the shipping will be DB Schenker.

1. Should I thoroughly inspect the TV upon arrival. As its pretty big (65"), I figure this will be impracticable - what do I do in this situation? Sign and take? Sign and state something on the paperwork/PDA? Inspect and not sign for it?

2. I believe the EU offers a 14 day cool off period on new goods. Do you know anything about this? - europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/11/675&type=HTML

3. IF the goods were damaged once I finally inspected them, would I be responsible for extra shipping charges if the unit had to be replaced?

4. If there were no physical signs of obvious damage, but the unit was not working as expected when powered on, should I contact Panasonic UK and attempt to resolve through the warranty as opposed to going back to the retailer?

I am a little nervy as this is my first purchase so I was hoping to gain some valuable knowledge from someone who may have imported goods for personal use before.

Many thanks.