Dixons mastercare extended warranty AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Danny1966

Jul 20, 2012
Hello i brought a Beko washing machine on 05/10/2010 and decided to take out the Dixons mastercare extended 5 year warranty. Unsurprisingly the machine developed a fault on the 28th june. I called the hotline number and had to wait a week for an engineer to come out and "fix" the problem. He ran a cycle of tests and declared the machine good to use .After trying to do a wash after he had left it became apparent that the fault was still in tact, the engineer had in fact fixed nothing. Back on the phone and a week later a second engineer turns up, tells me he replaced the pump and didn't know why the first engineer hadn't already done this as it was an obvious problem. Off up the road he goes we try to do another wash and this time a different fault has developed, the machine starts it's cycle, fills up with water and then stops! .....back on the phone again to take another date for engineer number three who after another five days makes a complete no show!.....back on the phone again, this time to be told that due to a system "error" our appointment has been cancelled and that the next one available is five days away which currently leaves us (still) three and a half weeks with a washing machine that is still not guaranteed to be repaired .....at my wits end and the family can't wash their clothes completely hopeless experience from this company and endless fobbing off from their condescending /patronising customer service, never again, do yourself a favor and avoid it too it's cheaper and less grief to buy a new washer!

Danny1966

Jul 20, 2012
Engineer was meant to turn up today instead i got a message saying the guy had too much work on and put me off again until thursday!

If they don't show by the 28th they are contractually obliged to give me a new appliance. I have now been left almost four weeks without a washing machine how is that for customer service!

Danny1966

Jul 20, 2012
Yes they turned up today and declared that the machine now needs a new motor! Back to ordering the part and then booking another appointment for them to come and fit it. I'm guessing another 10 days. The four week period elapses on the 28th their policy states that i am then eligible for a new machine.

Danny.

AnotherDisgruntled

Aug 3, 2015
Firstly can I thank the people who have thought of this type of site, as it is much needed in this day and age to deal with corporate failures.
My Issue:
I purchased a Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher. Having had a multicare plan for many years, my dishwasher developed a fault. I contacted mastercare and after numerous bouncing around, I received a code to use to call Hotpoint (Indesit) to organise a repair. They arrived a few days later and told us it needs a part, we waited days for it as usual. The engineer eventually replaced the part and informed us the fault was repaired. When we loaded the dishwasher that afternoon, once again exactly the same fault. Contacted mastercare again and went through exactly the same process again including the wait for different parts. Again the engineer came and replaced a different part and left saying machine is working. Once again loaded the dishwasher, turned it on, you guessed it same fault again.
I am not going to repeat everything again but exactly the same thing, word for word happened again a third time (including the same fault remaining).
Now over a month has now elapsed and the fault has not been fixed. I contacted mastercare again and a new code was issued, I arranged a visit with Hotpoint (Indesit). On this occasion an engineer turns up and drops a new bomb shell, apparently rodents have caused the damage and wait for it, ‘this is not covered by Hotpoint.’
I contact mastercare to dispute this fault was caused by rodent damage, as this was never mentioned by the previous 3 engineers and we did not have such an issue. Mastercare then advise I call another certified engineer as second opinion at my own expense. I agree to do that but only if they accept the cost if I am proved right, they decline to do that and say they will send another Hotpoint engineer to repair the fault. This time the engineer is reluctant to log this as rodent damage. I contact Hotpoint again who say because it was initially logged as rodent damage they cannot do anymore.
Because my contract is with mastercare I call them again, they issue a new code and say that Hotpoint will come and fix it. I contact Hotpoint who arrange a time to visit. They fail to turn up. After waiting for hours I call them up, only to be told that the engineer refused to come because of rodents and I need to get a government letter to say the property is free of rodent before they come out. Once again I contact mastercare and inform them that I will pay for a rodent free certificate if they reimburse me, as I know the mistake is not mine. They refuse to reimburse and said I must do what Hotpoint have asked.
I feel I have acted reasonably and want to be fair to all concerned, but I do think I am being messed around. Please advise.

Many Thanks

vernicescheiber

Feb 22, 2016
Mastercare - the outfit that provides after sales service for customers of high street electrical retailers Dixons and Currys - is to be folded into its parent company DSGi.