Kwik Fit damaged my car

webbit

Jun 7, 2012
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately had a flat tyre on Saturday, the nail was embedded near the outer edge so had to have a replacement tyre (original tyre was on the rear and almost new :( ).

I stupidly didn't check my alloy before payment or leaving but did when I got home. They've taken 2 gauges and a scratch running around the perimeter of the alloy. All of my alloys were scratch free (the car isn't very old!).

I went back, they said "these things happen" (no they don't if you're competent) and I'm supposed to go back and see the manager tomorrow.

Where do I stand here, cost of a refurb is about 50-60 pounds, but becuase I didn't query it there and then would it just be a case of there word against mine? It's obvious from the overall condition of the car that it's as new and damage is underneath the rubber rim protector in places!

I paid on credit card, is it worth contacting them? There's no problem with the tyre purchased though.

Cheers
Matt

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I would go through the complaints procedure with Kwik Fit first and ask them to have the necessary repair carried out at their expense, if they refuse, you can move onto your credit card company (assuming the cost was over £100), they cannot insist you didn't report it quickly enough to them so don't waorry about timescales

KwikFit

Jul 30, 2012
Hi Webbit,

We read your post and would like to talk to you about this. Please could you send a phone number to kwikfitwebcare (at) kwik-fit (dot) com and we'll give you a call back.

Kind regards,
Andy

nads205

Nov 30, 2012
Is it just me who finds Kwik fit a little careless.

I went in the other day with brand new refurbished alloys (done professionally from Spit and Polish). I left them in the garden for a few weeks so were a little dirty. I had a puncture so I chucked them in the car and went in to get them swapped over (not changing tyres, just literally swapping the alloys over) and guess what noticed they had scratched them.

Worst thing was before they even swapped them over they said they were already scratched (they weren't!).

Just really crap service. How did these guys get so big?

Ssteward

Apr 12, 2013
My wife was taking or son to a baby class when she noticed the exhaust hanging off our car. Our road side assistance came within 15 mins and they were towed to the local Kwick-fit in Hornchurch, Essex. Three hours later, when it was fixed she paid, loaded in our baby and drove off. Upon returning home (the first time she had cause to pass the bonnet) she noticed a huge dent and scratch.

She promptly called Kwickfit and spoke to the manager. She was told that no such accident had happened. The damage is brand new, in a location it's not possible to cause in a road incident and clearly shows the judder marks of the pneumatic raising machine used to elevate it to replace the exhaust (no pit in this particular garage). I'm appalled my wife was treated in this way by Kwick fit and urge you not to use such a dismissive and uncaring company.

julsjasper

Apr 11, 2014
My neighbour has asked me to comment on here as she took her car to kwikfit staines monday 7th april and they damaged her car whilst charging her for a new tyre- the guy who changed the tyre parked it badly and there was a huge lorry collecting oil that it must have scraped as he had trouble moving the car. ,it has been badly scratched and dented and she is so distressed as her husband is disabled and she needs the car. She went back there to try to get the matter resolved but it is denial and the "manager" says he is unhappy! What to do?

kamkhaira

Apr 12, 2014
took my car in to Sutton Coldfield Kwik Fit to get my wheels balanced. Took the car home noticed two dents on the front driver side arch. Took it straight back and assistant manager was taking no responsibility for it. Rather than say we will look into it. bought it just last week so know where marks etc are. said the manager will contact me in the week - however the attitude of the assistant manager was not sympathetic but taking no responsibility for it - no formal complaints procedure - noted in book.
Went to get wheels balanced - simple job come back with a damaged front wing.

Midnight

Jun 6, 2017
Took my car yesterday to Quick Fit Nacton Road Ipswich. They was extra rough with undoing my wheel nuts and dropping the wheels down to the floor. They was doing two cars at same time to save time. When they had fitted the tyres I see through the window the man doing up the nuts with a long bar, but was at such force and speed, I am not surprised it caused damage. When I was told it was ready, the manager made up a story about the nuts swelling up and they was difficult to undo. It was only on one wheel! It was complete tosh and a cover up, because they used the wrong socket. I had the wheels off recently to clean the inside of the alloys which i was taking good care of. I had no problem undoing those nuts. When i walked up to my car, my heart broke. The nuts was chewed up and the alloy had been dented by the bar. I suffer from depression and stress and could not face arguing with the young Manager. I had worked on cars for 34 years and never seen such Animals. I will be sending photos to newspapers and contacting my solicitor if this is not put right. I trusted Quick fit to do a professional job. It was below amateur. I asked for the free brake check, just to see what they would say and when asking they said yes they need changing. I had only had them done 4000 miles earlier and there was nothing wrong with them.

Did you complain to Kwik Fit at all? I am sure that they will wish to investigate this properly to ensure that their team are acting in accordance with the correct methods to do such work. You should contact their head office to discuss this if you have not already done so.

JusticeforConsumers

Oct 14, 2018
We've just had a terrible experience with Kwikfit which we await a response on. Repairs to brakes were needed and when the car was collected on the Friday afternoon it was making a weird noise it hadn't made before it was taken into them. We took it back in on the Monday and the mechanic (the branch manager) couldn't find out what was wrong. So he told us he would get their 'expert' to look at it. He also couldn't allegedly find out what was wrong either, they told us it was something to do with the gearbox and it could go at any time, or last a while longer, that it was 'just one of those things'. They told us they had found out a nearby gearbox centre we could get a quote from. We took it into the place they mentioned and the owner told us a story we couldn't believe. Whilst changing the brakes, the mechanic had broken off all these metal bits which had fallen inside the gearbox and he had rung the gearbox centre and spoken to this same guy, asking how to get them out! So not only did they know what caused the noise but they had been responsible for it and had deliberately sent us away with a damaged car (the whole gearbox will need replacing) but lied to us about not knowing what it was and didn't own up to the damage or offer to pay for repairs. Since this happened we have of course not been able to drive the car and we will be claiming not only a refund but compensation for loss of use of the car and associated costs. We emailed Kwikfit customer services several days ago and haven't even received an acknowledgement and have had to follow up with an online form to prompt them as the compensation for loss of use of the car accrues daily. Since this happened, I have looked into reviews for Kwikfit and was really concerned that they have quite a lot of negative reviews and complaints, I wish we had checked this out before and we've lost all faith in them.