vanquis

marmo

Aug 11, 2012
hello there, i have written to vanquis on three occasions requesting the information that they have held against me but they have failed to respond each time, what can i do and why are they behaving this way?

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
send an email to Peter Crook - unfortunate name - i believe he is the CEO of this bank peter.crook@providentfinancial.com - it may take about 6-8 weeks for such a complaint to be fully investigated so if after that time period you hear nothing send a 2nd email advising him that the you have heard nothing in 6/6 weeks therefore you will now log a formal complaint with the financial ombudsman.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They have a legal obligation to provide this information under the Date Protection Act.

You need to send them a subject access request and they have to provide all the data they hold on you, they can charge a small fee for this service but many companies don't.

Just ensure you use Subject Access Request as the subject for your letter and quote Data Protection Act in the body, if you require further help, please give us a shout.

frankieb123

Oct 4, 2012
Hi sorry to jump on this thread I am new to the forum, pleased to speak to you all. I am also looking for some advice regarding Vanquis. My father has a vanquis card which he has been paying up for years. I put him in touch with citizens advice in Scotland back in 2008 and he has been on a repayment scheme. This was fine, however my dad is 79 and now has terminal stomach cancer. I am trying to deal with all his affairs as I have power of attorney. I have written to vanquis to ask them if they would be able to medically write off the balance of £945. I enclosed letters from his GP and the hospital. The CAB have also written to them. About a month ago I spoke to someone at vanquis, a foreign lady, who told me that none of the letters stated that my dad had terminal cancer only cancer. I explained that my dads surgeon would only send out a letter confirming it was terminal if the company contacted him directly. Why I don't know. I gave them this information but they said they still needed proof. To cut a long story short I wasn't getting anywhere.
This week a letter arrived stating that if the arrears were not paid within 14 days the debt would be passed to a collection agency.
Want I want to know is should I contact Peter Crook at the email above or could I get the FOS to intervene.
The biggest bug bear about this is my dad was nearly 70 when he got this credit card, with no income and only a state pension. I know he shouldn't have run up a debt but I believe if they had checked his financial situation he would never have been given the card in the first place.

Anyway thanks for reading this and if anybody could help I would appreciate it. I'm just glad to get it off my chest.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Sorry to hear about your dad, this must be tough enough for you without trying to deal with Vanquis.

If they pass it to s debt collector, simply write and tell them the debt is in dispute and they must refer it back to Vanquish they then have to do this by law. Disputed debts cannot be chased by DC's.

I would take this to the FOS as if nothing else, it means they will take the matter off your hands for a while.

Not sure what the outcome will be tbh, the debt still exists but think I would go for the mis-selling angle, it's irresponsible lending if nothing else.

Once you have made your complaint to the FOS, just copy and forward any further correspondence straight to them.

You concentrate on your dad and if you need any further help, please give us a shout. More than happy to help you with letters etc.