flight cancellations

robert1687

Oct 31, 2012
Hi, new to this forum and would be interested in any other members who have had dealings with Thomson holidays and cancellations of flights. This happened to me recently when i booked a package holiday from Doncaster (Robin hood airport) to paphos in cyprus for a christmas holiday. whilst on the inernet i also went into Thomson Extras box a booked for car parking at additional £34.99. I recently received an e mail stating that that flight had now been cncelled and i was booked on another flight from Manchester. This was a great inconvenience due to extra travel, extra fuel costs and loss of car park payment of £34.99(non refundable). I still wanted a holiday so accepted this change and was told that there would be a refund of £10 for each passenger. (as per terms and conditions) Despite writing and complaining to Thomson Holidays I am told there will be no further compensation to cover the car park fee, additional fuel and inconvenience. They are very sorry but will not assist further. In my opinion they have breached my contract with them and I should not suffer any financial loss. Any other opinions arte advice would be appreciated