Advice wanted regarding new gas supply connection please

Caz12

Nov 29, 2012
I am a home owner living in a small town in South West Scotland.
I have recently applied to a company (as advised by Scottish Gas) for a new gas supply to my house. There is a mains gas supply in my street already so only require it to my house which is a distance of around 3-4 metres. The quotation is received is for £2627.23! To my mind this is an extremely high quote but I am struggling to find out if I have any other options. Can anyone advise please? I have recontacted Scottish Gas and they agreed that it is an expensive quote but could not help. The company that provided the quote also agreed that it was a high quote but were unwilling to change it - in my opinion it was almost like they did not want the work!
I would like gas central heating in my house but at that price I would be cheaper getting oil...
Any advice on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It does seem expensive but when you think of the costs involved not only in digging up, laying the pipe, establishing a connection but also in reinstating whatever ground they have removed, it isn't really surprising.

In business, you have to pay utility companies just to QUOTE these days, they are grabbing..............