help! builder wont move his belongings or give key back

amylisa

Dec 19, 2012
im after some advice on where to turn. In august i hired a local builder to do some work on the outside of my house including new gutters, facia boards and pebble dashing. He said this would take about 1 week, to cut a long story short its now xmas and the work is only 1/2 done, i decided to sack him and get someone else to do the work 3 weeks ago.

The problem is that hes still got my door key and his belongings are still.on my property iv asked him to remove his stuff 4 times and return my key and i just keep getting excuses such as his van has broken down or he needs his mate to help him move the stuff its taking up alot of room on my drive and is at risk of being damaged or stolen. I need my key back aswell but i just dont know where to seek help from if anyone can offer me some advice id be very grearful

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Change your lock and put his stuff on ebay, after sending him a letter telling him that's what you intend to do (ebay not the locks) think you'll find he'll soon come and pick his stuff up, definitely change your lock tho, even if he returns your key.