Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should be a lot better

• Is standard practise

• Total voters

K3VNL

Jan 19, 2013
Hi there, looking for any advice as we feel we're are being unfairly treated. We bought 2 three seater sofas and a solid oak coffee table for our new home on a Saturday. Six days later we received our keys to our home upon this we realised that the it would be better if we had ordered a three seater and a two seater due to the dimensions in our room. It would have been far too tight with no space to walk around.
So we went to Harvey's store in Aberdeen explained the situation and that it was only a few days ago we placed the order. The manager demanded we must pay 40% of the full price of the three seater we want to change! I asked about the terms and conditions that it shows on the website which has no mention of charges and states a full refund even after delivery. We were told that is only for online purchases and we should refer to the order reciept terms and conditions which are different!
I just checked the website terms and conditions and the ones I am looking at just now are not exclusively for online and states we can cancel upto 7 days after delivery with a full refund.
Surely having two maybe three different terms and conditions if very misleading and a 40% charge is way excessive especially when I had already told the manager when placing the original order we would be back to buy a dining table and chairs. This is not what I call good service.
And to top it all off it has been over a week now and no one has phoned to confirm the change or take the admin charge that we have to pay so we just hope that our order is ok.
Who knows.
Any Harvey admin people care to comment on this above, it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin