B&Q vouchers

W

wightmoves

Just a quick heads up for anyone with B&Q vouchers.
I have just been to my local B&Q with vouchers valid to 10/10 so nearly 2 years left, but was told they would not accept them. The reason they gave was the collapse of Woolworths!! I have been given a number of 0800146500 which just tells me that no one is able to take my call. The manager of the local branch claims they are no longer part of the Kingfisher Group, but the Kingfisher website confirms they still are, he also said I may need to take court action against them to get them to honour the contract for £15 of vouchers. So beware if you have B&Q vouchers. This all seems like a big scam to me where they take your money then fail to honour the agreement.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

Not sure I fully understand are these gift vouchers that are still on sale at B&Q that they do not honour?

Tony

Last edited:

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I am assuming that these vouchers were bought at Woolworths for shops in the Kingfisher Group?

I don't think a shop can arbitrarily withdraw from a voucher scheme without giving people the chance to cash them in first. I've also not heard anything about the Kingfisher group being in trouble... This is very odd.

I think perhaps the manager of this store has his wires crossed. Either that or he is just officious.

Where were the vouchers bought from?