Faulty bed just over 6 months old saying accidental damage wont replace or refund!!

kirsty1055

Feb 20, 2013
Help!! Bought a mid sleeper bed for my daughter out of my catalogue for £300 and it suddenly collapsed on her and they had someone out to assess it and claimed it was accidental damage not manufacturing fault so now they won't replace it or refund me. I've been chasing them for 5 months while my daughter slept on her mattress on the floor! They said the spare parts weren't available so there's nothing else they can do but they are still selling the bed! I am currently writing to them to demand replacement or a refund under the sale of goods act but will I be compensated??

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Re: Faulty bed just over 6 months old saying accidental damage wont replace or refund

When did you buy the bed, how old was it when it collapsed and did you buy it on finance.

All these things are relevant because there are different remedies depending on how long it lasted and if you bought it on finance you also have a right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

kirsty1055

Feb 20, 2013
Re: Faulty bed just over 6 months old saying accidental damage wont replace or refund

Yes its on finance, already paid off 100 pounds, it was reported straight away 6 and half months old when it collapsed.

kirsty1055

Feb 20, 2013

Both my daughters were sitting on it thank you