in need of some advice pls

jason b

Mar 5, 2013
to domonic i bought a car in good will the nice lady sold it to me in good will . she told me she had a new turbo fitted and other bits i had it for a couple of weeks and while my girlfriend was driving to cardiff the car filled up with smoke and the doors jammed . and the only door that opened after was the drivers door they were all scared my 3yr old son was too .. but after i had it recovered the machanic took it all apart .. it boiled down to the turbo the gasket had been fitted wrong it was only done 8 weeks ago today is the garage at fault for that even tho i wasnt the owner then but am now .. she spent 1.106 pound summit on it i being fobbed off by them and the manager is never there considering it a big firm called ken williams recovery and garage could you please help out :)

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hello,
Sorry to disappoint but you don't actually write to Dominic Littlewood here, however you do get ALewis and Witch Consumer, who's needs Dom when you have us?

Oh dear, the car doesn't sound to healthy, however the problem being here that you do not have a contract with the garage. Your contract lies with the nice lady, however I assume the nice lady isn't a trader, and was infact merely selling on her prized carriage.
If this is the case, you have no legal comeback unless the car was incorrectly described (S.13 SOGA).

I'm sorry this isn't the news you were expecting, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.