Car insurance .commuting.

chcnorris29

Mar 7, 2013
Hello,
I am 18 and have had my licence about 7 months but have only done 3 hours driving since test due to insurance.
My quotes are looking lowest now than they have been so I am trying to sort a car and insurance.
I work as an apprentice working in different houses each day.
If I where to only go to one house (one work place) in my car each day (I.E other team members have the van and go to office for stock ect and I meet them at the days job site) would I be able to do this on a Social domestic and pleasure + commuting to a single place of work or study policy (Is is one place of work or study each day or just one place?) I also attend college 1 day a week so could I also do this on the policy?
Also
If I can commute to a different place each day then can I car MY tools (Just my personal tools and no materials or other work items) in the car for the commute on this policy.

Can I do this or would I need a different policy?

Thank you.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The difference in the policy documents is for people who use their car for business, most people do travel only to a single place of work.

I wouldn't advise lying because you could find out that if you have an accident during business hours, they will use any excuse not to pay out but if you just use your car to travel to and from work, they should class that as commuting.

chcnorris29

Mar 7, 2013
The difference in the policy documents is for people who use their car for business, most people do travel only to a single place of work.

I wouldn't advise lying because you could find out that if you have an accident during business hours, they will use any excuse not to pay out but if you just use your car to travel to and from work, they should class that as commuting.
So traveling to one single place, a different place but only one per day should be classed as commuting?

And what about carrying tools?

Thanks.