Help with Vodaphone Refund

littlewigin

Apr 2, 2013
Hi - I tried and thought I failed at getting a pay as you go sim account from Vodaphone in Dec 2011. When I got to the end of my application, I got a message from the website saying that I didn't get through the credit check. I never received a sim or an email or any correspondence from them.

I checked my savings account last week and found that they'd been charging my account since Dec 2011. I cancelled the Direct debit straight away and spoke to their customer services.

They've now offered a refund of 6 months. I've asked for a manager call back to get the full refund.

Does anyone know how I stand legally on this - can I expect a full refund? Thanks for looking at this!!

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
A pay as you go sim, with a monthly direct debit?
Doesn't sound so pay as you go if I'm honest , do you mean a sim only contract?

A Vodafone employee tends to look into problems with Vodafone on here, I'm sure you'll receive a reply from him to look into matters.

As for legalities etc, I can't answer that - your background info isn't very clear.
Adam

littlewigin

Apr 2, 2013
Sorry for not being clearer.

You're right that it was a SIM only contract. It was a £15pcm contract that I applied via the Vodafone website.

When I applied online, we entered our bank details, contact details etc however at the final stage, I was told via an online screen message that I didn't pass the credit check. I used a bank account that I subsequently didn't use of check until last month. Once I spotted the missing money, I cancelled the direct debit then called Vodafone.

I know I haven't received any paper correspondence at my address (including the SIM!) or any email correspondance (I've checked all our accounts and spam folders).

15 monthly payments have been taken. After talking to vodafone customer services, they offered me a refund of 6 of the payments.

Hope this makes the problem clearer.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Right ok, I see the situation now,
Well I was going to question the legitimacy of the message refusing you credit, however as no correspondence nor the sim was received, it would appear that you had indeed been refused the credit, and not just a spam / hoax / virus style pop-up.

As the credit was refused, and this no contract exists, no payments should have been taken - obviously, and therefore you should be entitled to all monies being refunded.

Like I say, I'm sure the Vodafone employee will pop on and be able to sort something out for you, he's nice and quick to respond to Vodafone problems.
Adam

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I'm with Adam on this, you are entitled to a full refund plus statutory interest at 8%, I think I have a spreadsheet somewhere to work that out, give me a shout if you need it.

Lee from Vodafone frequently pops up with an email address to assist with problems and as nobody ever comes back to report, we can only assume he deals with problems to the customers satisfaction, please feel free to report back on their solution to your problem.

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012
Hi littlewigin,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

In the event that you require any further assistance could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - Fao Lee in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK