how long do they have to activate new sim?

piotrek

Apr 24, 2013
dear users.
signed for new contract with vodafone using carphone warehouse, they delivered my phone along with sim card today. tried activate it but no luck, vodafone is sending me to carphone, carphone is sending me to the carphone store. as I have`t got time to deal with them (was waiting for the phone since beginning of march). I bought phone online, went through credit check and my order was approved, now they telling me that I failed vodafone credit check.
do they have any time limit to activate my simcard and if they don`t do so can I terminate contract?
do I have any contract if I failed credit check?
it just make me laugh.
what should I do?
thanks for any advice.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Depends on whether you want the contract or not, the fact that they sent you the phone and sim confirms they accepted your application but if you no longer want to deal with them, the fact that they are not providing a service means you are under no obligation to pay them anything.

If you want my opinion, I would rather spend the rest of my life in isolation than get a contract through CW!

piotrek

Apr 24, 2013
Depends on whether you want the contract or not, the fact that they sent you the phone and sim confirms they accepted your application but if you no longer want to deal with them, the fact that they are not providing a service means you are under no obligation to pay them anything.

If you want my opinion, I would rather spend the rest of my life in isolation than get a contract through CW!
that was last time I was dealing with Carphone Warehouse, can you imagine I placed pre-order on 03/03/13 was told my phone will be delivered on 15/03, than adviced they will deliver at the beginning of April and I only got it today after complaining to chairman.
so are you saying that I can keep the phone as a gift for inconvenience caused and there is nothing they can do about it?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Not exactly, no, you can only keep goods if you didn't order them in the first place, just put it to one side and wait for them to collect it, maybe they will, maybe they won't, but what you must do is check with the bank and make sure there is no direct debit in place and if there is, cancel it. I would also try to get written confirmation from them, email will do, that you failed the credit check and so can't have a contract, just incase they come after you for payment.

piotrek

Apr 24, 2013
what you must do is check with the bank and make sure there is no direct debit in place and if there is, cancel it. I would also try to get written confirmation from them, email will do, that you failed the credit check and so can't have a contract, just incase they come after you for payment.
I did check that online with my bank, there is no vodafone direct debit in place.
I will get in touch with them and try get that info from them.
thanks for your advice.

piotrek

Apr 24, 2013
just got email from Rebecca from CW, looks like she know whats going on:

"I would like to confirm that I have been monitoring you account and can see your order has been delivered.

I have also checked the notes on the account and can see that your handset is not yet connected.
I would like to confirm that you did pass the credit check for the order and we are working with Vodafone to manually connect the account. Vodafone have advised this should be connected within the next 48 to 72 hours.
I would also like to confirm that you do not need to visit a Carphone Warehouse branch for this to happen. Please accept my apologies for the information provided to you by Customer Services as this is not correct. I will ensure I provide feedback to our Customer Services team regarding this."

thanks for help

now its Vodafone turn

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012
Hi piotrek,

I believe that I've already picked up on this following your thread on another forum we monitor.

Fingers crossed that this gets resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

piotrek

Apr 24, 2013
Hi Lee

Yes you did, I`m waiting for CW turn now. I was told that they are working with Vodafone to connect the contract manually right now.

Thanks

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012
Hi piotrek,

Has this been sorted out for you yet?

Let me know if you need any further help.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

berthay88

Jun 26, 2015
I have been given the same message of 48-72 hours. How long did it take for your contract to be activated?

Lee_Vodafone

May 9, 2012
Hi berthay88,

If you still need help with this, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form, you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK