being chased up

shazmin41

Dec 29, 2008
wigan
hello this is my first post i wonder if somebody can help me please i recently purchased 2 laptops from a well known store. on paying the lady made two mistakes with reciepts then issued the right one she then asked to swipe the card which she did {we had also put the card in the machine and enter pin}we left the shop with the items. later that day she phoned to say she hadn"t swiped the card and could i go back in. i checked my account later that night and it showed the money had gone out when she rang a day later i told her this she insisted i still had to go in. when i went back in with the card she took it to swipe it then came back with the original papers she had swiped and the new ones which required my partners signiture i told her i don"t know when i can get back in with the signed paper now i"m being chased by phone is this a case of mistakes cannot be rectified once you leave the shop or do i still have to pay?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If the money has gone out of the bank you need take no further action, if you want the matter settled quickly, you could show then the statement. If you allow her to swipe the card again and sign for it, the money will go out again and my guess is you'll wait ages to get it back.

If on the other hand the payment is reversed, you will have to return and pay again, mistakes don't get you out of owing the money.

I would either ring the bank and clarify or give it a few days after the holidays so you know whether you have already paid or not but I certainly wouldn't pay again until you are sure.