Builder ignores request to repair brick wall

Iratecustomer

Jun 12, 2013
Hi

I would like to know if a Builder is within his rights in refusing to repair six end bricks on my garden wall which was built by his Company approx 4 yrs ago. The wall was part of a bigger job costing in total £12,500 done by his Company at the same time. He just says that its 'frost damage' even though I have had a second opinion which states the damage was caused by using a club hammer to tap the end bricks into place hence causing them to crack.

He has not replied to my phone calls, letter in which I quoted the Statute of Limitation Act and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Neither has he responded to my e-mail in which I attached the Dilapidation Report.

I feel that he should not be allowed to get away with such an appalling attitude and should be named and shamed for such poor customer services to a customer.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Please feel free to name and shame, our mission is to ensure our members are aware of poor service.

Your only option really is the Small Claims Court, depends on the cost of the work.

Iratecustomer

Jun 12, 2013
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

It would cost me a lot more to take this Builder to the Small Claims Court than what the cost would be to him in time and money, to fix the damaged bricks. So in this instance without the goodwill of the Builder and by him choosing to ignore my letter and email, he is better off by £12,500 and I am left to pay another Builder (hopefully with better morals and business ethics!) to repair his work :mad:

Quoting the Statute of Limitation Act and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and the email and Dilapidations Report in my correspondence to him was obviously worth less than the paper it was written on!!!!!!

Another case where the Consumer loses out I guess!!!!!!!!