Damaged Roof

sidney

Jun 15, 2013
Hi
I wonder if any one can help, my neighbour has had a new roof fitted and as we are on a terrace the roofer has had to put a roof joiner in between the two roofs, this is where the problem is he removed some of my tiles and then put them back in a slapdash way, and the tiles do not butt up to the joiner , when i spoke to him and asked that he put my roof back to how it was he just got abusive saying there was nothing wrong and that the gap on the joiner was a rain channel !!!!!
we asked the neighbours to get there workman to sort out the problem but after 10 years of living next door without a cross word they turned nasty, we have now been told we have to take the neighbours to court to sort the problem which means this leaves the roofer to walk away scott free laughing all the way to the bank.
I was wondering if anyone else had ever had a similar situation and how did they resolve it.
Thank you

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Disputes between neighbours are very common. Are you sure the roofer is not correct? Might be worth getting a second opinion.