HELP WITH ORANGE contract

onestupidwoman

Jul 27, 2013
apologies in advance for lenght of this. My two year contract with orange came to end on 8th May 2013. I gave the appropriate notice. I had purchased my own phone and went to an EE shop to buy a sim only deal.

The manager is shop told me there was a great discount on - the £26 tarriff was on offer for just £11. He also told me that they would transfer my number from my other contract that still had a month to run. All this was best done by ringing customer service.
However, customer services told me the £11 offer was instore only and that they wouldn't transfer my number to a sim only deal in any case. I returned to the store and the manager told me not to tell orange customer service what I was doing but to request a pay as you go sim with my old contract number which I could then in a few weeks transfer onto my new sim only deal. In his words it was a way round the problem of not being able to keep my old number.

I rang customer services from my phone while in the shop to request the pay as you go sim. The shop manager had initially said they would transfer my number so it ended up with me handing my personal phone over to the manager who then had a row with customer service before refusing to speak any more. I was left like a referree with the customer service man asking the store number, managers name etc.. and I was told to inform shop manager that he was being officially reported by customer services. The customer service man also said the reason the manager was trying to get me to get sim only over phone was that is affected his bonus adversely as I was seen as downgrading from a 2 year contract to a 1 year sim only contract.

Anyway after all this I was just happy to get the £11 deal which it was explained to me showed as £26 normal tarriff on paperwork but they applied a code which when processed would apply the discount and I would be billed £11 a month. Except I wasn't it was at the £26 rate. Customer service didn't want to know and said it was a store issue. So I reluctantly returned and manger said he would sort it. He did something but I was still being billed at £22 and not the £11 I signed up for.

In the meantime, my old contract number was still active due to me having requested it go on a pay as you go sim which never arrived. In one week I spent 11 hours 40 minutes talking to customer services trying to get both issues resolved. I became so worn down I cancelled my direct debits as I did not know what I was going to be charged on either phone.

I went to the EE store again and asked a sales member to ring customer services ( th manger wasnt there). In that one call the salesman was told. I hadn't ever requested a pay as you go sim, that I had requested and been actively using my pay as you go sim to I had only ordered the pay as you go sim the previous day. Then it switched to I had ordered a Pac code to LYCAMOBILE who I had never heard of at this stage.

I spoke to offcom who advised writing to them. I have got nowhere. Orange cut both my phones off now say I owe £450. I am getting very concerned. I only ever needed one phone (the old unit was going to go on Ebay). I have been forced to have two by their incompetence. I was mis sold the sim only deal. When I went to the EE store last week I was told the manager had left and the staff were really really rude to me so I left. I do not know what to do about this