Discountbedsits.com another scam

summerlife

Aug 6, 2013
Like many of the registration fee scammers. Discountbedsits.com has joined the long list of london real estate scammers.

They advertise mainly cheap studios below market price on gumtree to unsuspecting people who are mainly new to London. All pictures are fake btw.

You ring them up and they ask you to come into the office to pay a registration fee of around £85 even without seeing the property.

When I asked why I cant see the property before I pay - the girl ( who picked up the phone) sounded clueless and was dumbstuck could offer no explanation. I could hear her boss on the background tell her to say its do to health and safety regulation.

Never heard to much rubbish!

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Thanks for posting and spreading the word on this!

People, you know the saying: If its too good to be true, it probably is!
And question EVERYTHING that involves charges.

Adam

ANIMUS

Nov 19, 2013
This happened to me, you must be the first person Ive found that this happened to, although upon calling the company next door to discount bedsits they said they dispersed monday and 20people plus have been calling them each day!

Heres the information I have...

this guys one of the account managers the other 2 girls who work there are... CLARA & MARINA, After finding him on facebook, he quickly deleted his profile and didnt answer my msgs asking for the money back..

QASIM MEHDI
0794223 4414
0757015 8881

online profiles

doubyadoubyadoubyaDOTquora.com/qasim-mehdi-2/about
doubyadoubyadoubyaDOTfacebook.com/qasim.mehdi (do a google cache to see his deleted profile)

from my investigations... and theres more coming... the ceo, richard/michael is around 51 uk decent and upon looking at the register of bedsits .com the domain name was registered as...

MALCOLM FARQUHAR
ip address

macbigs AT fsmail DOT net
47 eardley crescent
london

sw5 9jt
0797 77 01345

So anymore info on these guys or if you find anymore of who they are, there real numbers/names then add it to the page.. great post btw.xxxx

Im getting the feeling that these guys who collecting a few peoples money and timing it for a nov runner...

if we could find the university the qasim guy attended then i can call up and get his details build a better profile.

sever

Jan 22, 2014
Hey,

Have you had any luck finding more about discountbedsits?
Just found fb account of that Qasim guy, looks like he went to West London College. Also, this website (bargainbedsits.com) looks pretty similar to DB. Same people might be running it. What do you think?

ANIMUS

Nov 19, 2013
Below is my own research and after messaing qasim got the below responces.., Also I think MAC or malcum is the owner of the business, can someone check who bedsits.com was registered too? perhaps details of this mac,

Qasim Ali social media details.
twitter.com/Qasim_Mehdi
outube.com/user/qasimehdi]Qasim Mehdi
plus.google.com/104292814774540827757/

------------ conversation thread with qasim --------------------------
qasim91@outlookDOTcom
there you go. here's the email. although i dont know if i will be of much help

I worked for mac at 109 gloucester road, where the office of discount bedsits was, for about 6 months. i haven't been in touch with him for quite a while and have heard that the business has gone bankrupt from an ex-colleague. there are two numbers of him that i have which i can give you. one is 07570158881 and one is 07442234414.

Qasim Ali Mehdi
Hi. Don't I know you from somewhere?

ANIMUS
Yes u do u cheating little *******!

Qasim Ali Mehdi
Oh that's where I remember you from. I'm really sorry about that. But I have no connection to the company any more. I was working there part-time but my course finished august end so I came back to my country.

Qasim Ali Mehdi
I only got to know that he closed the company from an ex colloug

Qasim Ali Mehdi
you remember the spanish girl. she told me the company got closed

Qasim Ali Mehdi
all I know is that he's still in london

Qasim Ali Mehdi
and I'm really sorry if you lost your money. all i know is that the time that i worked there the company seemed very genuine. some people found places, some people didnt. thosewho didnt we gave refunds. but then a month ago i was talking to marina and she told me that the company went bankrupt and its closed now
k, will do

Qasim Ali Mehdi
i dont know. as i said, i havent been in contact with mac. i talk to marina some times but thats about it. and she isnt working anymore either as the company is closed

Qasim Ali Mehdi
he always said his name was mac. and i didnt know him that well so i never asked his full name. never needed to. i needed a part time job at the time.
and he gave me one
thats about all there is to it
i'm sorry i wasnt more help
maybe if i was in the country i could still try to contact the people and helpyou out
i have been a student. i know 85 pounds is not a small amount of money

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So at least the guy is kinda honest and i think hes being honest, i think MAC should be the centre of our enquiries....

Jonesy

Mar 18, 2014
So glad I've found this, albeit far too late :( they scammed me back in July 2013 when I was too desperate to find a place to pause and consider their suspicious set-up. I wonder why this forum never came up before when I was googling obsessively for info on them. Anyway, I spoke to numerous services such as Citizen's Advice, Shelter, etc. Few were of any use, and ultimately nothing came of it because Trading Standards didn't find my case important enough to investigate this dodgey agency. It's been a very disheartening experience, especially having to deal with such a slimy, arrogant prick. Is there any way we could compile our experiences and take it to the Trading Standards? Estate agencies get away with daylight robbery all the time in the UK. Why are the authorities so f**king lax about this??!

ANIMUS

Nov 19, 2013
I called the police and they informed me to contact the fraud agency,, call 101 and ask the police and they will direct you...

i havent heard anything but i think we should open our own investigation and concentrate on "MAC" the owner.. since hes clearly the con artist running around.

if only we have some techie people to look up who owned the discount webstie and back trace who payed for the website and then find him..

also someone informed me a new line of enquiry... there is a 2x websites called..

dubyadubyadybaDOTinterlet.com
dubyadubyadybaDOTbargainbedsits.com

are these connected to this Malcolm guy?