Mobiles.co.uk - not unlimited text, tmobile.

ashleyt

Aug 20, 2013
So, I signed up for mobiles.co.uk for an s3 phone. £26 per month and unlimited texts.

This was 12 months ago and although a few bills came up way over what was expected in November/December, christmas time, exams and coursework I didn't raise the issue, thinking it was just call charges.

Today I linked my account and have seen I was charged for texts!

When I phoned tmobile they said I never requested an unlimited texts bolton and only had 500 texts. Looking at the contract, it says UNLIMITED texts, NOTHING about needing to request a bolton. They've now put it on with £10 credit but i'm really quite angry, also at myself. There's over £150 in charges.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm aware i'm quite into the contract.

Thankyou

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If the contract says unlimited texts, then you get unlimited texts, they can't put something in a contract then add conditions that don't form part of the contract.

Before you can do anything about this, you need to write a formal letter of complaint to mobiles.co.uk, you don't have to deal with t-mobile, they have 8 weeks to resolce the issue to your satisfaction, after this you can go to the ombudsman or small claims court, let us know how you get on, we can give further advice if you need it