ASDA Wine Order Fiasco!

St Albans Customer

Aug 24, 2013
We checked the web for some wine we wanted to buy a large quantity of. Listed available at ASDA so we ordered it plus 6 Bottles of the Prosecco they had on offer. About £90 plus delivery charge.

It arrived promptly...very heavy for the poor delivery man who had to take it all back again. The wine had been substituted for another brand and type....yes every single bottle. Prosecco...substitute...white wine....no fizz!!!

What is ASDA up to? Why can't they send an email explaining out of stock and ask if a substitute is wanted? Often, wine is carefully chosen and so if it matters and you are planning a celebration as we were...don't take the risk...order elsewhere. Sainsburys have done much the same thing to us but at least they supplied half of the wine we ordered.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I once ordered a turkey and got a pack of chicken drumsticks! My brother ordered wine on offer and the cost doubled between him clicking the buy now button and the payment being taken - apparently their websites say prices may vary from those advertised! Needless to say, I do my own shopping now.