samsung 51 wont turn on

kimmy4370

Aug 29, 2013
hi I brought a Samsung 3d plasma tv 22 months ago got up last Friday and the tv worked fine came home from work that afternoon and nothing the little red standby light is lit but it wont turn on I would have taken the tv back to the shop but I brought it from Comets and as you know they have gone bust Samsung want nothing to do with it so where do I stand :( thankyou

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
I've copied n pasted the below to save my fingers :)

If the company is in administration and is no longer trading, check any documentation you have. Check to see if there is a warranty from the manufacturer or another third party which is still valid.

Items purchased on credit cards may be covered under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, meaning you may be covered if your goods are faulty. This rule still applies if you no longer hold the credit card upon which the goods were purchased.

Customers who make purchases with debit cards, less than 120 days prior to the company being placed into administration, may still be able to claim back money through the Mastercard or Visa chargeback schemes.

If you are not covered under any of the above, you may have to lodge a claim with the company's administrators. Whilst this is still a valid option, there is still a chance you may not receive your money back.