Broken Bed

FrillyFrog

Sep 18, 2013
I bought a bed from Sainsbury's in January which was delivered in February. Here we are, seven months later, the wood on part of the frame has started to split. Sainsbury's have said the manufacturer will only pick it up if it's dismantled and in it's original packaging(!), however, if I tell them what bits have split, they will send replacements parts.

I don't want replacement parts, I want either a new bed or a refund, does anyone know where I stand? Sainsbury's have gone on automatic pilot and keep saying the same thing over and over again.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
Original packaging... Don't make me laugh. They cannot insist on original packaging, nor can they fob you off to the manufacturers.
Unfortunately for you though, it's been 7 months, and a replacement whole bed would be out of your reach through the laws in place, however you are entitled to a repair (replacement parts), a partial refund, a reduction of purchase price.

Had this have been last month, you could've insisted on a replacement bed.
Adam

LJ1

Jan 22, 2014
It's disappointing how short a time is allowed for such issues, as this can surely mean that companies can produce products that will only last, say, 6 months?