Sofas missold

Mirrorman

Dec 13, 2013
Bought two sofas at beginning on month from Westbridge Furniture told the same sofas as on sale in Marks and Spencer and for half the price.
Have since found out sofas were especially made for the sale and not Marks. Yet there was no notice to say so at time.
Feel as though i have been hoodwinked as Westbridge Customer services don't want to know!!
What is my next step country court!!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Not sure you have a case for SCC here as although SOGA says goods must be as described the shop probably meant the same style not necessarily the same sofa, if there is no fault with the sofas and they are worth what you paid then they have met their obligations. Marks legal department may be interested tho ;)

oldoakey

Dec 14, 2013
www.jtsinteriors.co.uk
It could be that the sofas are the same model but using a different fabric which can make a substantial price difference at retail.

Now and then a manufacturer will offer certain fabrics at a lower price point to allow specials to retailers to then be able to pass that down to their customers.

Not sure that you have a case there.

LJ1

Jan 22, 2014
I agree, there could indeed be different fabrics being used which can clearly make a big difference in price!

benbenjamin

Feb 20, 2014
hi,

Yeah definitely i agree with you lp1... Different fabrics change the cost for the sofas...

thanks

bye
:)