Looking to safeguard consumers

parvy

Jun 16, 2014
Hi, I have set up a small business along side my main job. I repair broken mobile phones from screens to charging ports and board problems. The side business has picked up quite a bit and I would like to make sure that I am safeguarding both myself and the consumers rights.

Currently my T&C's are very simple.

1) We are not responsible for the loss of data on any device.
2) If devices are water damaged we only charge to bring the phone on. Any other related problems such as water-logged screen, faulty microphone or earpiece are subject to extra charges.
3) Any devices unlocked cannot be guaranteed to retain user data.
4) Rooting any device may void your warranty and we shall not be responsible.
5) All parts and labor are guaranteed for 14 days.
6) If the device is not collected within 14 days of repair completion there will be a 50p daily storage charge. After 30 days we may sell the device to recovery costs.
7) Any digitizer in need of separation is not guaranteed as the LCd underneath can break and the customer must be prepared to pay for a full LCD.

Are these acceptable terms and conditions and what is the most minimum guarantee I should lawfully give for the work carried out? Is there anything which I can add to make aware the consumer of their rights? Thank you for any help.

Ashley1988

May 19, 2013
London
1 and 3 pretty much the same. It's acceptable for my not very reliable expertise. I think you should add a clause about batteries: if the battery is problematic and needs replacement, you collect the old one for recycling, even if the client wants it back. I know people who actually want to keep broken things, so it's better to have something like this written... in my humble opinion at least :)