Plumber Problem

lojelo5

Jun 20, 2014
We had a new bathroom fitted sometime in April 2013 but just after a few weeks I noticed the shower bar was starting to pull away from the wall. During this time my wife was due suffering from anxiety and depression and I looking after her like any loving husband would so I forgot about the bar coming away even though we were still using the shower.

A couple of months passed until I finally got round to reporting the bar to the actual bathroom fitter who to me was slightly incompetent when fitting the bathroom. 1st of all he wasted 2 days with 1 day actually calling someone else for help and advice. They both tried to earth an extractor fan which clearly stated on the fan that there was no earth wire and had to be connected to a light switch, though blatantly blamed our electric because he couldn’t find an earth anywhere upstairs. So every time he tried to connect it to an earth (totally contradicting him-self) it would trip all the electric out upstairs.

Anyway back to the shower bar

The silicon by this time had all come away the bar had now pulled at least 3cm away from the wall so I eventually reported this to him around December time just 8 months after paying some clearly in our rights to have this repaired. I phoned him and he said he would pop round to have a look but 2 months had passed and he still didn’t come round. We reached February 2014 and still in our rights. Another phone call this time he came round took some pictures then went, I phoned him and all he said was *this was your fault you must have pulled it off the wall* I told him if it was my fault I would have got someone else to pay for it and not asked him to come round several months ago to fix it and why did all the silicon come off after just 2 weeks!! He didn’t answer.

We’re are now in June and I got fed up waiting for him so phoned trading standards who told me to quote to him the *Supply of goods and service act* and if he wasn’t going to come round and fix it we would just leave it up to trading standards. Soon as I mentioned trading standards he changed his mind and agreed to come round and have another look and fix it. I thought we had finally got through to him that we weren’t the cause of this, and I had also explained to him that we had 3 different plumbers who have actually done other work round the house take a look at this and all 3 have said the same thing he has used the wrong screws there too small. I also told him I would rather not bring trading standards into it anymore so I will give him this opportunity to actually fix it.

He came round on the 19th June I wasn’t in the wife was and all he did was take some more pictures and then went again. The wife phoned him and all he said was he still blamed us for doing it and it would cost us for him to fix it, my wife just told him we will leave it to trading standards then and he just put the phoned down on her.

She then phoned the bathroom shop where we actually purchased the bathroom from (the plumber is a contractor for this bathroom shop) spoke to the owner and all she got was an ignorant owner who just blatantly told her we have no chance because it’s their word against ours!!

With all that I have done could anyway else please give me some more advice on what I can do because it’s just got beyond a joke now.

Thanks