Servico ind ltd chair repair for disabled man

smilleychopsuk

Jun 24, 2014
we have a lazy boy rise and lift. approx. early march 2014 we noticed that the chair no longer sits up when it lifts. had servico ind ltd in on behalf of the lazy boy manufacturer a firm called servico-ind ltd, both sides of wooden frame snapped. technician advised not to use chair until new parts were in. parts took about 2 months plus to come in. phoned service to see when they could fit given a date.48 hours before appointment they cancelled.given another time 2 weeks later less than 24 hours before visit they again cancel. now they advise they will not be coming until end of july.

the chair is used by a disabled man who is recovering from 2 spacers who has just had a knee joint put back in, and been advised there is no more antibotics left to treat him if infections have not gone, they also do not have enough bone left for any more surgery, new joint is fractured, and been advised any more falls no more chances left they will have to amputate. he is very unwell and recovering slowly at home his rise and lift chair has been pushed against the wall, in case the whole back snaps when it lifts away from the wall.

there is no other chair in the house suitable that can be used even with cushions, both scs and servico made fully aware of position and without this chair next to his bed would have to remain in bed.

written complaints gone through to mark at servico..no response.

my dad took a phone call to advise they had lost the parts when I phoned them to query they said that was not true and that the parts could not be given to the repairer in time..now it looks like they have lost the parts.

they are costing me hundreds of pounds in lost wages I don't care about the money but if he falls from this snapped chair or the back snaps as its going down

any ideas what my next steps r when no response to complaint over a week ago via email, servico take no phone complaints