New Build Flat not finished

Belle1967

Jun 19, 2015
3 years ago due to ill health, I bought a ground floor flat with garden from a small family builder. The block contained 6 flats and i was the first resident to move in. When I made my initial snagging list I was told it couldn't be done because they were building Phase 2 (a block of 4 flats) Over the past 3 years I have contacted the builders by email and by phone but i am still waiting for the snagging list to be done. Other bad workmanship has come to light, such as the fridge/freezer not actually being integrated, the french doors not opening and the laminate flooring having an inch long gap by the skirting boards which has now caused it to raise up where water has seeped into the joins due to being washed daily. After complaint after complaint, I have been told that all this is wear and tear and the f/f is integrated because it has matching kitchen doors on it. It also has a 5 inch gap surrounding it when the door is open.
I also bought the property with electric gates to the carpark...guess what NO gates.
I am not the only resident with problems but we don't know what our next step would be as the flats were sold with a 10 year warranty/guarantee which turns out is an insurance where we have to pay a huge excess to claim.
They have made what should of been a home which helped with my health problems a living nightmare. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I can gather my neighbours and we can go from there...Thankyou