Builders walked off job - Ltd Company Director has put funds in own account

ZB16

Jul 17, 2015
Whilst at work in June 2014 another member of staff approached me stating they ran a building firm. He is the Director, lets call him Mr. X of the Limited company and his brother is the secretary.

They managed their own team of builders to do the work.
The work was not completed, items were stolen and damaged and they walked off the job having taken £3K in cash and bank payments combined between July and August 2014

Mr. X provided one invoice on letter head paper with a false address on which is a derelict building site. I have obtained the correct registered address from Company's House.

I have followed legal procedure writing recorded delivery letters to the correct address provided by Company's House which is also his home address asking for resolution but all have been ignored.

In March 2015 Mr. X filed a DS01 form to strike off the company to obstruct me commencing legal proceedings.

I objected to Companies House regarding the DS01 form and my objection was upheld and striking off and dissolution of the company has been suspended until 30th July 2015.

In addition to being Director of the company Mr. X is employed full time where I work and a second job too.

I approached my Manager at work in June and explained everything.

On Saturday 11th July 2015 my Manager requesting a meeting with Mr. X (The Director of the building firm and employee) and myself.

At the meeting, he admitted he took all the money from me but gave the money to his brother Secretary of their Company.

He stated that he no longer lived at his home address which is also the company registered address and would not be returning any of the money taken as his brother now had this.

Mr. X personally provided me with the bank details via email and inperson to which to make the payments and requested specific cash amounts in advance. Originally, he stated that these were payments to his Limited Company to pay for building works which I contracted with him and now stated the monies I had paid in cash and bank payments had been taken under false pretences.

He stated that these cash and bank payments he had requested I pay had in fact been made directly into his own personal bank account which he had then transferred to his brother's private bank account along with cash

He stated that the payments received were not related to the Limited company at all.

Despite being the sole Director of the company, he took no responsibility and blamed his brother for everything now stating that it is his brother who runs the company.

He stated that he would not be returning any of the money taken as his brother now had this.

I have reason to believe he is still registered as living at this address as is his vehicle and driving licence and continuing to engage in fraudulent activities.

All the evidence suggests that he intentionally intended to defraud me from the outset and he is confident that by now stating his brother only is responsible for the fraudulent activity he cannot be held responsible for the activities of his company which he is the sole Director of. Having now discovered that I was asked to make payments to a personal account unrelated to the company's activities, I also suspect they intend to deceive HMRC by avoiding payment of the relevant taxes on the income taken.

I originally had been corresponding him under the Ltd Company as Director and was going to the small claims court. Now he has admitted to taking the money into his own personal bank account and then passing to his brother do I need to start fresh correspondence with him personally?

What exactly do I need to do? I telephoned Consumer Gov but they said they are unable to advise me as this is too complicated and that I need to speak to CAB and I cannot get through to my local office.

Can anyone on this forum help???

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan P Walker Cowboy Builder

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.