Windows Worm Worry

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
It seems that the Nanovirus isn't the only thing decimating society... WIndows is being hacked by a worm that is spreading like wildfire on machines that do not have the up to date security updates from Microsoft.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Windows worm numbers 'skyrocket'

As far as I understand it, only machines that don't have the latest updates from Microsoft installed are the ones at risk... I think most people with legitimate copies of Windows should be ok (A Patch is available for it).

Of course conspiracy theorists could have a field day with this...

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
And they say it is all down to teenagers... I read that a hospital in Sheffield has been badly infected as they decided to turn off the security patching software...

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Really?

One of our friends works at a hospital in Sheffield...

It seems MRSA is not all to be worried about next time you are set to stay in hospital then.

IanWright

Jul 27, 2009
It's interesting when you learn a few other facts... for example did you know the Bill Gates wrote MS-DOS (the first multi hardware operating system used to found Microsoft) on large computer where processor time had to be bought?

Bill Gates at the time didn't have the means to buy time on it, but understood it well enough to write one of the first viruses, which resulted in the company agreeing to let him use the machine if he removed the virus, as for them it was much more economical then them loosing business while they were trying to fix it.