Sending it abroad - not sure - help

punch832000

Jan 21, 2009
I purchased ( online) a craft item "The Slice" (it is a hand held digital die cutter) but it was faulty. I contacted the seller and eventually they agreed I should have it replaced, but I would have to send it back to their suppliers who are in Holland - I am not sure about this as if it goes missing even with insurance I am out of £120 which I paid for the item - should I send it back to the seller or do you think it would be okay to send it abroad as they have asked?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Did you buy it from a seller in the EU? I am pretty sure the postal service To Holland is safe and reliable? You shouldn't have To pay postage though. Why will you lose 120 pounds if it is lost and you have insurance?

punch832000

Jan 21, 2009
I bought it in Britain, have you ever tried claiming money back from the PO we are still waiting on a claim from three years ago! lol

I actually got my question answered - Under the sale of goods act 1979 (as amended) my contract is with the seller not the supplier. I sent it back today to the seller.

thanks for your interest though

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Just for others who may wish to know, the post office provide a ervice called airsure which is like recorded delivery - but dearer :D

Have a feeling it's only for Europe but I could be wrong.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Punch,

Not sure why I assumed you had brought it from overseas - anyway glad you got it sorted

Tony