Harvey's-the worst UK furniture retailer.

Raginmad

Jun 4, 2017
Anyone who buys anything off Harveys is mad. I have only bought one item a couple of years back and that will be the last time. Leather look a like recliner chair which as a chair is just the job for my bad back.
However the materials quality is crap and no doubt made in China, as the 'leatherette' material isn't 'fit for purpose' as per the Sale of Goods Act (which everyone ignores) After about a year of low use the surface material which is a sprayed on very thin coat of vynal onto a cloth type material, began to peel off where my head touched the headrest. (Now here I point out that for 50 years I manufactured cars and boats with my own manufactured seatings, also made in Proper UK manufactured 'quality' vynals)
This layer of vynal is ciggy paper thin and obviously isn't adherring to the cloth under it. So anything rubbing against it lifts it off.(This is known as a 'rubcount') So after weeks of emails, letters to their CEO, making court threats, they gave in and I got a new back section and arms (which were doing the same). Which was quite a job to fit I may ad, but being an ex engineer I did it OK, but what if you were a woman or indeed a useless bloke, with two left hands and no tools or expertise??
Fast forward another year and the same is now happening to the original base. More emails and a blank refusal to replace, by Harveys. Told I must lob out, probably at more expense that the damn thing cost and get an 'experts' letter saying it was not my fault (Harveys obviously think it is ALWAYS the customers fault). Don't even bother with the 'Furniture so called Ombudsman' as they are obviously in the pay of these shonky retailers as they sided with these outrageous demands for an experts letter. This even though their branch is but 10 miles away and any salesman of theirs could see it for themselves. You see they know they can get away with it, as (A) I will find it difficult to find a UK materilas manufacturer, as all this stuff is now made in ruddy China and no other retailer will want to know. (B) I can take it to court and have to rely on some useless British Judge, who are all crap anyway. (much experience over the years trying to get justice with that LaLaLand Establishment Posh Bys Brigade, and will probably also want an experts report. HOW DO YOU EVER GET TO WIN AGAINST THESE SHONKY COMPANIES?????.