Scam or Not?

shalloran

Jan 23, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex.
I had a call yesterday from someone who said they were from the Energy Efficiency Council (or something like that, didn't have a pen). They said that we are eligible for cheap loft lagging and cavity wall insulation. However, when I asked her for a website she said she didn't have one. Who doesn't have a website these days? Anyway, the prices she quoted seemed quite reasonable - about £180 for cavity walls.

Seems a bit too good to be true? Anyone else had similar phonecalls?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
They are probably just generating lead and selling them on to numerous companies. You can get good deals on insulation at the moment, a friend of mine had it done and it made a big difference. I think he used British Gas, but as always shop around and check out Google.

Tony

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I think (although I could be wrong), that energy suppliers provide cheap insulation to their own customers in return for a grant from the Government.

So what I guess this was about was transferring your supply over to another supplier,we had cold callers doing this earlier in the year, trying to get me to transfer over to E-on with the promise of cheap insulation when I could infact, get exactly the same deal from Scottish Power, who were my supplier at the time.

What annoys me a little is that existing customers aren't hearing about the offer because the companies get no benefit from it (better insulation = lower bills)!!!