Quidco - anyone used it?

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I may be enormously behind the times here, but I've just come across Quidco - The web's cashback cooperative. Apparently they offer cashback on purchases made through specific online merchants, if you click through from the Quidco site. Eg, if you want something from Tesco.com, and you get there via a link from Quidco, then you get cashback. As far as I can see, the level of cashback is set by the specific merchant - so Argos are offering 3%, while Egg have set theirs to £30.

It all sounds a bit too good to be true - does anyone have any experience of this? Is everyone else using it already??

jackie1969uk

Jul 28, 2008
Glasgow
www.jackiestewart.co.uk
There is no catch at all just click on a merhcant through the link on Quidco to get the offer or cashback. There are very mmany online shops listed on it and it costs £5 a year but this ios only taken from any earnbing you have automatically and not actually a fee you need to pay to join. In other words if you dont earn anything you dont pay anything. I hvae earned hundreds of pounds doing my online shopping through quidco where most of it is buying insurance products. Check out the aa and rac offers for basic cover with a whopping cashback getting it for next to nothing.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
A friend of mine was telling me all about Quidoco. It is a great idea - basically like many websites they get commissions for referring customers to various e-tailers. I am guessing here but they have probably signed up to sites such as:

www.tradedoubler.co.uk
www.commissionjunction.com

I bet that the commissions offered by Quidco are lower than they are getting from the affiliate marketing companies or they might make all the money from the membership fee. I'll check this out when I get time.

Anyway, if there is a significant difference you can create your own personal Quidco, all you need to do is set up a reasonable looking blog at worpress.com for example and apply to the companies listed above - no membership fee and probably more commission.

Just a thought

Tony

Last edited:

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
I've used Quidco and I have found it a little hit and miss. Some of my transactions tracked perfectly well and I received the cashback, but some failed or just seemed to take an eternity to go through, and in the end I lost patience and stopped using it.

However that may well be to my detriment. I know a couple of people who swear by it as a way of recouping money (it isn't really saving, you are just receiving a percentage of what you spend back) but my experience was that while the idea was great in principle, in practice, things took a little too long and were too hit and miss.

Ian

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Quidco and these other cash back sites have to wait for the payments to come through, which can take a while. The delay is to protect them and the traders from fraud and has to take into account cooling off periods.

The tracking relies on cookies and if these are not set properly then the transaction will not be tracked. This could be because of your browser settings or a system fault.

Tony

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I'm a member of FreeFivers. They've been going for a while (I have been a member for a couple of years) and I've been paid by them so assume they are legit. They pay out when you reach £25 and you get £5 credited to your account when you sign up so really you need to earn £20 to get your first £25.

As long as you just use cashback sites for purchases you would make anyway, its a nice way to get a little back, but most retailers you're only getting 2-3% back so unless you do a fair amount of online shopping, it might not be worth it for you.