Confused re gas and electricity account

indigo75

Feb 27, 2009
I moved to my current address at the end of last September. N-power deal with the gas and electric and we had to send them a copy of our tenancy agreement so they could close the previous account (held by our landlord) and open ours. They rang in early November to say welcome to N-power, your details are on their way to you, and I got account confirmation the same week.

But, I have not had a letter off them since November 25th, when they wrote to tell me our meters would not be read until 2nd Feb and I would recieve my bill shortly after. I still don't have a bill...:confused:

I have just been on the website to email and enquiry (instead of waiting for hours on their expensive phone queues), but it says that my surname and account number dont match anything on their records...

I have no idea what's going on!!

I would welcome any advice - I know I should ring up and ask them about it but part of me is like - well its their mistake, I dont exist lol But I wonder if they have instead sent the bill to my landlord (who lives overseas but the agency surely would have been in touch to query this if it has happened)

Thanks!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
If you don't want to call them and the online form is not working it might be worth sending them a letter explaining the situation. You don't want to get a bill out of the blue in a few months time for hundreds of pounds

Tony