Help me to find online furniture store

helen12

Mar 31, 2009
Hey Guys,

Please help me out in finding online furniture store in UK. Im looking to get best quality and contemporary furniture for my new home.

helen12

Mar 31, 2009
I have heard about furniturenet. I know such online furniture store but want to know from those who have already taken furniture from them. Can anyone tell me about their service? Share your experience with us.

jazmin2309

Banned
Dec 23, 2008
Hi Helen,

I bought some great stuff for my living room and dining room from oak furniture land

Really cheap, free delivery and 100% solid hardwood - no dodgy bits hehe!

Hope this helps

Jaz

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I used to walk to work to save money in the seventies, all the way from Hampstead Garden Suburb ( I called it Golder's Green) to UCL and often milled around the windows of Heals in Tottenham Court Road longing for the day when I could afford a purchase. Their stuff is very good quality and very stylish, but not cheap! They sell online at Heals - visit and drool!!!!!!!

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
If I had the money to furnish my home with expensive furniture, I think I would consider trying to find a company or individual that could build my furniture for me, to my exact size, finish and colour, and also help me with the design.

andy2726

Jun 17, 2009
What is expensive furniture though??? Pine used to be seen as the poor man's furniture and oak as the untouchable unless you were an MP claiming expenses:D

With the huge import industry, oak furniture has now become so cheap it has devalued the product. So much so, you can now buy a solid oak table cheaper than a pine one.

When buying furniture go for what you like not what society tells you to go for. There are many company's out there that will supply you or build you your dream table or wardrobe at a very good price

One more point; please please please do not be put of by VEENERS. A dirty word by customers, a sound product by manufacturers. Often seen as a cheap alterertive, there is a reason why veeners are used. Solid woods have a tendancy to move and split. Veeners don't. If you are after that solid wood effect and you do not mind the splits and knots then go for solid, if you are after a product that is blemish free, go for veeners.

GerryRose

Sep 3, 2014
Birmingham, UK
To add my own comments to this interesting discussion (especially the comment about veneers, you're right, customers usually avoid these like a bargepole). There's the online oak retailed, oak furniture king, they don't have showrooms, so make savings and pass that onto their customers. Good reviews off customers too.

dcgman

Dec 4, 2014
Hi guys, try Quality Lounge Suites. Based in Watford, Hertfordshire their online store is great. I purchased several bits from them and everything was amazing quality and with the best delivery i've experienced. Serious recommendation!

Vitalij

Dec 10, 2014
Hi. I was looking for online furniture. Some interesting was at marmell furniture. Some multifunctional furniture, like a coffee tables and beds, and more different like wall units, for kinds, bedrooms.
Regards

Last edited:

GeorgeTooknell

Apr 14, 2015
Essex
birdmarketing.co.uk
Hi Helen,

If you are still looking - I would highly recommend buying some high quality Rattan furniture most sites now provide at least a year's guarantee, it looks stunning and is reasonably priced for something so gorgeous. A retail store recommended by me would have to be Maze Living

ABeech

Mar 30, 2015
Avoid The bedroom shop, Wigan, Hewitt business park con men send you furniture that's nothing like the website and when the is a problem they are not interested in sorting it out avoid at all costs.:mad:

HouzzLiving

Jun 5, 2015
Hi All,

I've just come accross this post. You might beinterested in visiting us at Houzz Living or contact us for advise on Home Furniture. Houzz Living has a selected team of individulals that provides quality furniture selected from the finest wood from around the world.

Houzz Living

Need advise, ideas or chat to our experts? E-mail us through our website.

Kind Regards,
Houzz Living

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
Be very wary of Harveys furniture as just as I write my daughter is sobbing her heart out in their store because of the treatment she has received. They have failed to deliver all the items she ordered for her new home and those that were delivered were a different colour. When she tried to cancel all the order they refused saying she must wait until the correct colour is delivered. She has an unwanted suite in her home and is unable to use her sitting room as this suite is still wrapped in plastic. This is an example of their customer care.

QUADE

Jun 8, 2015
Thanks KIR I was thinking of going to Harveys but your story has made me wary of all online furniture stores.

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Hi

I don't know if you are still looking for some new furniture but i got some good stuff from Indian Jali Furniture | Solid Sheesham Wood Furniture they have a large collection of jali sheesham furniture and there customer service is great. The first unit that they delivered was chipped on the corner but all i had to do was inform the main office and send some photos of the damages and they arranged an exchange for me.

The second unit was perfect.

Hope this helps