Nails Inc Everlasting Manicure

Sentoholistics

Apr 22, 2009
Has anyone else had any problems with this company and treatment? The manicure is supposed to last 3 weeks without chip, damage or smears and is a gel coating over the top of your natural nails. The treatment is supposed to help your nails grow strong and healthy underneath it as well.

I had this treatment done in February and 2 days later had to return to have it done again as it had a problem with it. The repair lasted 3 weeks and then the polish started to peel. I was told I could take the polish off myself and did this, although it left a horrible residue which I had to buff off. I have always had very good nails and they were nice and long when I took the polish off. After just 2 days my nails were soft as butter and all broken down to the finger. My thumb nail had a large split down the middle of it.

When I went back to have another treatment they said this had never happened before and tried to blame me for taking it off rather than them. They did a second treatment. Just 3 days later and one nail started to peel. I went back and got it redone. Another 3 days later and the polish on my thumb nail chipped when I undid my watch, 3 days after that my thumb nail itself split down the middle again. At the same time as the thumb polish chipped, the polish on 4 other nails started to peel.

Today, 2.5 weeks after the treatment, the polish on every nail is peeling or chipped and my nails underneath look like they're in a terrible state again. I have sent letters to the company under the Sale of Goods and Services Act for a full refund but dont know what to do about the terrible state of my nails.

Any advice or similar experiences?

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
I have had a similiar experience but not with this company. Removing the polish yourself should not have caused an issue. You need to take dated photos of the damage - otherwise it is your word against theirs.

Sentoholistics

Apr 22, 2009
Update on Nails Inc Nightmare

Thanks for the reply.

I've taken photos of my nails with all the polish peeling off and the split in my nails. I went back on Saturday for them to remove the polish and my nails are still thin and splitting - so it proves it wasnt me, its the treatment itself, and how they remove it.

I've put in a complaint and given them 7 days to refund me, otherwise I'll take them to the small claims court, on the advice of my solicitor.

I found out the product is actually Bio Sculpture and when I spoke to the company itself they said it should last at least 4 weeks, and in some instances they've known it to last up to 6.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
You are definitely on the right track then, the only thing that may cause you an issue is the wording of the ad. Did it say "three weeks guaranteed" or "Up to three weeks guaranteed". If it is the "up to" one you may get compensation for the damage to your nails but not on the guarantee. If it was the first then you have a strong case.