New Here

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Hoping this will be informative and help me find a way to both make the ends get a little nearer to each other and to avoid all those pitfalls I hear about in columns like Tony Levine's in the Guardian!!! I haven't ever given my details to a Nigerian investor, but I have spent hours on hold to Call Centres, and one whole year fighting an Internet 'provider', who didn't provide, but would not stop taking my money! It was a nightmare I never want to relive.
I live in Mid Wales, very rurally, so the petrol price increases have bitten hard. I do a lot of shopping over the internet as we are very limited for choice around here. I am trying to work from home at the moment because there are few opportunities locally and the aforesaid petrol costs!
Looking foward to hearing others consumer advetures, helping if I can (I used to work in the Credit Union movement so I know a lot about savings and credit, and getting help if I need it!!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Welcome to the forum Georgina, I hope you enjoy your stay. I see you have started a blog already!!

Tony

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
I'm trying out this forum in the hope of hearing of recent events and devopments which might make this world a nicer and better place to live in.
I have lived in many countries of the world, working and enjoying the different aspects of life that different people have.
I have seen how consumers are bounced from one "great new idea" to another, at the whim of politicians. Often those politicians are able to increase their life-style dramatically over a short period of time in office, whilst maintaining that they are really working for the good of the "common people".
I would like to change to a system where elected politicians consider themselves employees of the public, not rulers of the masses.

happywriter