phone problems

andy1967

Apr 28, 2009
hi my name is andy and am new to the forum and desperately need your advice its along story so here goes
at christmas i bought my daughter an i phone 2 months ago i took it back to the shop because it wouldnt charge from the mains adaptor but was fine off of the computer and acouple of applications didnt work it was sent away to be repaired and i got it back minus the sim card o2 sent me a new one but the phone didnt recognise it so i went back to the shop wher they tried to get the phone working but failed and wanted to send it away for repair again i was not happy about this so they recomended i take it to an apple store where they may be able to resolve the problem after a long drive i arrived at the apple store and they told me the sim tray was damaged and i should take it back to the shop where i bought it by this time iwas fuming because the damage had been caused by one of the shop assistants so i went back and they said no problem we will send it away to repaired 3 weeks later i got the phone back with aletter saying the phone is water damaged and not covered by the warranty and would be better buying a new one and should call in to one of their stores and choose from their latest range
there was no issue concerning water damage the first time it was "repaired" and i use that term loosely and the week or so that it was in my posession it certainly did not come into contact with water i raised my concerns with o2 and its a case of my word against theirs i have decided to take a second opinion on the phone and was told firstly that i should have recieved a report from o2 along with photographic evidence i asked for this and two days later was told they they couldnt find one and would need to send the phone away again for obvious reasons i am very reluctant to hand my phone back to these people and am currently awaiting the second opinion
any thoughts or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance andy

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Andy,

Apologies, only just noticed this post. The old "it is water damaged sorry" excuse seems to be coming up time and time again.

Anyway, it is reasonable to allow them to take the phone away for repair but they are getting to the stage where they should replace it. I am assuming that it is an iPhone and expensive which is taken into account.

It is your statutory right to not be significantly inconvenienced while the phone is being repaired and they should lend you a phone - doesn't have to be the same one.

Tony

andy1967

Apr 28, 2009
I have just recieved a second opinion on the phone and there is water damage but also the pins that connect the sim are bent and Iam certain this was caused by in the o2 shop by the assistants but alas my word against theirs anyone reading this should take heed and i would advise anyone having a phone repaired not leave the shop with the phone untill they have seen it working
regards andy