newbee wanting advice with phone purchased 4 days ago.

ady347

May 2, 2009
hi people,

wonder if you can help, 4 days ago i purchased a pay as you go phone from a orange shop in shrewsbury using my debit card not credit. the phone keeps randomly switching itself off without me pressing anything. I have researched the internet and its seems a common problem with this phone, (firmware? problem) and by the sounds their is no immediate fix. this has now put me off wanting another, but i dont really want a full refund, just another phone of same value or a part refund and replacement phone.

i cant get hold of the shop till tuesday but i have noticed on the reciept it says " we do not offer a money back guarnatee policy" this does not effect your legal rights.

its a proper orange shop, and even though they dont know about my probelm till i get their on tuesday could they get out of giving a refund or part refund/exchange.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi and welcome, they have to be given the opportunity to fix the phone, then they might replace it (exact same model) and finally they might give you your money back.

Hope that helps
Tony

BTW while they are fixing it they must give you a loan phone