Unenforcable Charges

wantang bob

May 18, 2009
I accidentally strayed over my credit limit on my Tesco's Credit card last month. I have since brought the account back up-to-date. I fully expected there to be a charge applied to the account, was found that they took it without notifying it.

My understanding of the CCA is that credit providers have to issue you with a minimum of 28 days notice in writing of a charge being taken from your account. The letter I got was dated on the day the charge was taken. I accept fully that the charge was valid and should have been taken, my grievance was that I wasn't given the required notice. Am I right? If so, would I have a leg to stand on to say that the T's & C's of the credit agreement have been broken (or even that they are contravening the CCA)?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I have incurred charges on a Tesco card before and it was immediate, I though I had set up a standing order but hadn't. A quick phone call was enough to get it reversed.

I don't believe there is anything in the CCA about notice of charges. This might help:
Credit and Debit Cards | Consumer Information

Tony