The National Trust

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I just want to sing the NT's praises (sort of!) for value for money for a day out. I have joined this with my husband and it's definitely good value. I can now go to any number of places with the children throughout the summer and as long as I pack a picnic and don't spend money in the NT cafes I think I will end up being quids up.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
They did quite a slick sales pitch when my wife and I visited Brownsea Island a couple of weeks ago when we were on holiday (recommended if you're in the area by the way). We thought that on balance we probably wouldn't get the most of it. But I know that for the couple of years my parents were members they definitely did!

frdjns74

Feb 18, 2009
Now it is abrilliant thing to do, I am 29 and was brought up with parents having the membership, we went everywhere and loved it and now we have all left home and they have carried on getting it and still enjoy using it, we have a lot of really nice castles here, but it depends what you have in the area or where you are willing to travel too
:)

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
If you're thinking about becoming a member but aren't sure you could always get hold of an old copy of the National Trust Guide (or just join this century and look it up on the web - I always forget about that!) and see how much stuff is near you. I live in London and there's quite a few NT properties in the city, as well as loads in Kent and also down in Cornwall where my family are from. So anybody out there thinking about joining it - it has my definite recommendations for value for money!