Know any companies that reward loyalty?

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Just helped my mum renew her household and contents insurance. Her and Dad were with the same local broker for thirty years and are the sort of people to whom it would never occur to make a claim, even if their house fell about their heads!
This renewal, I did a momentary online search and found dozens of cheaper policies, with all the same benefits. I phoned them to say I wouldn't be renewing, as I didn't want them calling mum and confusing her. Their response to my telling them I had found a cheaper quote was to ask if we would stay with them if they matched it.
My reply
"Duh!!! No!!!!! If after all these years you are not giving us the BEST service straight up - forget it. I wonder how much Mum and Dad have overpaid over the years by trusting that broker.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Haha! Yes, I've said that to my mobile phone provider on numerous occasions. They only seem to be able to offer you the new customer deals after you've told that bloke in retentions that you're leaving for sixth time. By that point you've lost my custom I'm afraid.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Yes - good response Chutzpah! - I must store the suggestion that they improve on, rather than just match, in my repertoire! Why don't they offer better rather than match? Anyone out there work in that sort of situation and can tell us what flexibility is allowed?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
The only company I've stuck with for years is Virgin Media (formerley NTL), mostly due to the fact that I don't want the hassle of switching. They provide my broadband, TV and phone line. They have never rewarded me for my loyalty, and I have on occasions needed to phone them and threaten to cancel to get the same deals that are only available to new customers or those who are willing to upgrade.