Am I entiteled to a full refund?

fester

Jun 7, 2009
Bought a mobile phone from the carphone warehouse wich was faultey. Tried to return it after just over a month and they would only offer me a replacement phone. Is this legal? The phone is in perfect condition and the sim card I got with it is still unopened and in the box with everything that came with it.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
They are entitled, at this stage, to offer a repair or replacement.

As a little more help, this page of the site may help explain your rights:

Returning Faulty or Damaged Goods | Consumer Information

"If a repair is impossible or unfeasible, you must then be offered a replacement. Due to the emphasis on proportionality in this legislation, you must give the seller reasonable time to repair or replace before demanding your money back and you should be aware that any refund given may well take account of any use you have had of the goods since you took possession of them. If you do not want the seller to repair or replace, or they have told you they are unable to, you can then request they reduce the purchase price to an appropriate amount, although this does not affect your ability to take return the item if something else goes wrong"

Hope that helps.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I am wondering why you don't want the replacement? Often consumers limp along with a product that has never given proper service, whilst vendors and manufacturers repeatedly 'repair' until the warranty expires, hoping to dupe the buyer into giving up. A replacement is what most people prefer - or have I got the wrong end of a stick here?