good gifts, bad gifts

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Rachelle's post about wedding pressies made me think about the best and worst pressies I have received. The worst was a pair of white ankle socks when I was 6, and I know my face gave away my disappointment and I still carry the guilt, as the giver was someone very poor for whom the purchase was a strain on their budget.
That aside, the worst was something I asked for as a wedding present, namely an electric yogurt maker which I used twice, which took up too much space and which was no better than a jug on a radiator for making yoghurt (the 'h' is apparently under debate so I use it and miss it out willy nilly). The best, apart from an Emma Peel 'teenage' doll, was a crate of white and a crate of red wine, as an unasked for wedding present which made us feel very grown up and served us well in the first few weeks of marriage!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I hope nobody else here has this as I don't mean to insult anybody but the worst present I ever received was a wedding gift. Ornamental, swan like, enormous and I'm not really sure whether a plant was meant to go inside the swan, or I should say swans as there was a pair of them. And to whoever game them to me (I have forgotten now) I loved them really!!

jmacguire

Banned
Nov 17, 2011
hey, there. I received a mobile phone from my father which is still useful and i love it. I never get a problem with it and at that time I want a laptop for my business purpose as gift but now I understand that it is a precious gift from my father.

JamieLewis

Nov 22, 2011
Best gift- my coffee machine that makes cappacinos and latte's!
Worst gift- a pair of knickers 4 sizes too big for me... bit insulted to be honest.

jmacguire

Banned
Nov 17, 2011
Christmas is near and I am interested in stuff like laptop, i-pod, samsung tab, etc. so I want a good gifts for my family from the stuff i mention. is it good or bad?