Scaffolding Quotes for Hire / sale

DestroyITyourself

Jun 11, 2009
Hi,

I bought a house with a roofing issue recently. The surveyor advised I get roofing quotes but warned that I have the scaffolding itemised. I thought nothing of it at the time but 8 quotes later could see that the scaffold was varying the price by MASSIVE amounts.

I spoke to a roofer friend who advised I use tuxebo.co.uk and a quick form, 24hrs later and 10 quotes received it had dropped the price by £1,000. That's not funny. That's a huge amount of money. I asked him what this was about and he said roofers put a large markup on the scaffold. They get the lowest and highest price, charge you the highest they got and rent it from the lowest. Many just keep using the same scaffold co time and time again. The tuxebo.co.uk website took all the time and bother out of calling round and I can leave feed back so I can hold them to account for bad practices or dodgy behaviour.

I now need an excavator. Does anyone know of a similar service doing skips or diggers. I hope tuxebo.co.uk branch out into this cos the service worked a treat. So too does the mybuilder.co.uk website. It also allows you to give feedback on builders so you know you're gonna get a good quality job and the best price.