Cremation garb

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Listening to Wogan - he says a new EU directive may restrict what people can wear in a cremation and we may be forced to purchase specific shrouds. No!
My Dad was cremated in his RAF uniform and nothing else would do.
There are ways of dealing with emissions and frankly I would rather pay more for a funeral to cover that cost, than send my loved ones off in an EU regulation shroud. I know it's irrational and that the dead don't have an opinion, but some matters are beyond the application of logic.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Hm, I always take "EU Directive" stories with a pinch of salt. The media love twisting these things.

Even so, assuming it's true, I can't believe that burning a body comes anywhere close to what manufacturing pumps out.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Indeed I was correct... after googling for new stories ONE council has introduced this, quoting that they have emissions targets. No mention of the EU.

However, out of all the papers, the Mirror and Telegraph have chosen to link this to "an EU directive"... which of course they haven't named.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Well - I am shocked - are you saying that I can no longer trust Sir Terence as a purveyor of all that is honest tried and true!!! I might have to renounce my TOG status! Oh hold on... that would mean listening to John Humphries (NOOOooooooooooo!!!) or Moylsee (Hmmmmmmmm.... No!)

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I suppose poor Tezza can't help it... it's his team of researchers that read the papers and chose to put it in front of him.