I want to sort out my wardrobe

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
I want to sort out my wardrobe. I have wardrobes and drawers heaving with clothes, most of which I will never wear again, either because they don't fit (but might fit one day, when I get around to my get fit thing), or I just look plain stupid in. I probably wear less than a third of the clothes I own.

First things first, a ruthless clearout, box up or get rid off everything I don't wear.

My aim is to have some good quality items, for all occasions, that I can mix and match and that will stand the test of time, and then add to that, an annual budget and two planned shopping trips a year, in the sales, with a list, and I will always try the clothes on before buying. I don't spend a great deal of money on clothes but I do tend to buy clothes on a whim or shop in a rush, and I do buy without trying which is a definite NO.

Clothes shopping online is also a definite NO, for me anyway. I don't think you get the best deal on clothes by shopping online. The clothes look nothing like they do in the pictures, and more often than not don't fit or look awful on, so then there's the hassle and sometimes expense of returning them.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Good luck TracyG. You sound like me! I think the answer is to shop less but more carefully, choosing 'pieces' which sounds a bit like antique shopping. It is true though. I have wasted a fortune on clothes that aren't right and still don't seem to have a decent outfit to suit all occasions. Be ruthless.

Have you seen Goks' Fashion Fix? Although be slightly careful. Looking back now, I have no idea why I have given away some very good items of clothing that at the time I didn't think suited me but looking back were great!

I may have mentioned this before, but let friends know you're having a clear out. See if they want to do the same. And then all meet up in someone's front room and get ready to rifle through their cast outs. You and they may find something to love!