Churchill Insurance Claim

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Well Churchill have finally got back to me about my home insurance claim. It has only taken them two weeks. Some of you may remember that I had my my mountain bike about a month ago. This is what they have offered:

Further to our telephone conversation of today, I can confirm that the replacement bike offered by Halfords is a "Boardman MTB/HT Team bike" which if replaced through Halfords would entitled you to £849.99, however, should you wish to have a cash settlement, we could only offer you £628.99 less the policy excess. This is due to the discount we get from our supplier.

Please click on the link below to see the model offered:

Boardman Bikes : MTB/HT Team

Should you wish to accept the replacement simply reply to this email, should you wish to discuss this further please call 0845 607 5230 quoting your policy number and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
The excess is £60 so that is nearly £200 more bike.

What's the catch? Nobody has ever heard of Boardman bikes I hope they are not as bad as the other Halford's brand Apollo. My stolen Scott Elite Racing cost £650, more than they are offering to replace it....

I think they are trying to make the offer too good to be true and Chruchill must pay Halfords less than £630 for the £850 bike.

I'll check out the specification

Tony

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I went for the Boardman in the end. Halfords are just going to send me a voucher for £850, which now means I have the choice of the whole range of bikes they have. More indecision...